Brighton Secondary School has a vision to be the school of choice for the holistic education of boys and girls. In keeping with the National Educational Goals for Young Australians, we aim to promote and to lead world’s best practice for curriculum delivery and assessment and improve the educational outcomes for all students.
We want our students prepared for the 21st century to achieve more engagement with the curriculum.
The Digital Learning program provides a vehicle for a personalised learning program and supports a constructivist approach to creating curriculum. This includes flipped classrooms, where the focus is on providing access to class content anywhere, anytime to personalise learning for students and make class time a place for deep, active learning.
Governing Council endorses the program and approves the financial commitment based on a formal poll of parents/caregivers.
Student Devices in 2022
In 2022, Brighton Secondary School are moving towards Windows which will be purchased through the school.
Empowering our students to engage authentically in their learning requires access to and use of appropriate and relevant technology and online tools.
At Brighton Secondary School we are committed to developing digital citizens who can apply digital skills in flexible and dynamic ways. This includes being able to maximise technology and digital platforms to build their learning and to create new content for a range of purposes.
In 2022, we are moving to new devices which support the flexible learning required in contemporary and innovated education.
Students in the Middle School from 2022 will be learning with Windows devices.
- Students will use this device for all of their time in the Middle School, upgrading to a more powerful version when entering the Senior School.
- These devices will allow for an increased depth of teaching and learning.
- The ‘laptop mode’ will give Middle School students an increased opportunity to learn valuable ICT skills.
- The ‘tablet mode’ will give students a range of new creative tools, including using the stylus and touchscreen.
Devices will be purchased through the school
Purchasing through the school:
- Is cost effective, as you will benefit from SA Government buying power.
- Is easy, since we can offer a competitive price without you needing to shop around.
- Makes servicing and warranty claims easier, as we will manage them for you.
For device specifications and pricing, please click here.
The school vision is enacted through all Learning Areas with innovative use of the latest technologies.
- All teaching staff use the same devices as the students to prepare and deliver lessons
- High speed internet link
- Daymap Learner Management System.
- Over 80 large screens including interactive whiteboards.
- Innovation studio with a live recording studio, document cameras, and a state-of-the-art lightboard used by staff to create video lessons for students.