Brighton Secondary School has a vision to be the school of choice for the holistic education of boys and girls. In keeping with the National Educational Goals for Young Australians, we aim to promote and to lead world’s best practice for curriculum delivery and assessment and improve the educational outcomes for all students.
Please note that Brighton Secondary School is not a BYOD school, and students will need to purchase their device through our school. As such, students are unable to bring a device purchased outside of the school. This decision was endorsed by Governing Council in 2020.
We want our students prepared for global citizenship.
The Digital Learning program provides a vehicle for a personalised learning program and supports a constructivist approach to creating curriculum. This includes flipped classrooms, where the focus is on providing access to class content anywhere, anytime to personalise learning for students and make class time a place for deep, active learning.
Governing Council endorses the program and approves the financial commitment based on a formal poll of parents/caregivers.
Empowering our students to engage authentically in their learning requires access to and use of appropriate and relevant technology and online tools.
At Brighton Secondary School we are committed to developing digital citizens who can apply digital skills in flexible and dynamic ways. This includes being able to maximise technology and digital platforms to build their learning and to create new content for a range of purposes.
- Device Information Video
- Device Initial Start-up (Year 7 and Year 10)
- Device User Guide
- Device Care Guide
Devices will be purchased through the school
Purchasing through the school:
- Is cost effective, as you will benefit from SA Government buying power.
- Is easy, since we can offer a competitive price without you needing to shop around.
- Makes servicing and warranty claims easier, as we will manage them for you.
For 2023 device specifications and pricing, please click here.
- Students will use this device for all of their time in the Middle School, upgrading to a more powerful version when entering the Senior School.
- These devices will allow for an increased depth of teaching and learning.
- The ‘laptop mode’ will give Middle School students an increased opportunity to learn valuable ICT skills.
- The ‘tablet mode’ will give students a range of new creative tools, including using the stylus and touchscreen.
The school vision is enacted through all Learning Areas with innovative use of the latest technologies.
- All teaching staff use the same devices as the students to prepare and deliver lessons
- High-speed internet link
- Daymap Learner Management System.
- Over 80 large screens including interactive whiteboards.
- Innovation studio with a live recording studio, document cameras, and a state-of-the-art lightboard used by staff to create video lessons for students.