Senior Study Centre Refurbishment
On this Page
- About the Project
- Impact on Site Access
- Contact Us
- Photo Library
About the Project
Brighton Secondary School is very excited to share details of our Senior Study Centre Refurbishment. The upgrade will revitalise the study space, and create a Senior School hub for Years 10, 11, and 12 (similar to what was achieved in Tarni Warra for Years 7-9).
The new space will house:
- A mix of purpose build study spaces including flexible furniture, quiet study areas, and small group spaces,
- 300 lockers,
- Wellbeing spaces and services,
- A senior school Student Services reception,
- Key staff to support Year 10-12 students,
- Meeting spaces, as well as
- More open space for natural light and more external connections.
Impact on Site Access
The below map outlines a roughly indicative area that will be out of action from Thursday 11 August 2022 through until early 2023. Finer details are still being confirmed. The main construction compound will remain for the length of the project. Some access routes may change, however, all other buildings in the school will remain accessible. Construction works will take place between 7am and 6pm, Monday through Saturday.
Timelines and Dates
- The project will commence 11 August 2022
- Construction is expected to take approximately 6-months, with the space being fully operational and in use for students in 2023.
- Some areas in the building will be escalated and used for Stage 1 and 2 exams in Term 4, 2022.
Parking and Traffic
Traffic conditions in surrounding streets and within carparks will be altered. Please comply with all signed conditions and drive safely. Parking onsite will be reduced by 9 spaces in the carpark off Ilfracombe Avenue (closest carpark to Brighton Road), however, full access will still be retained to the carpark accessible from King George Avenue. As part of the construction area, the pedestrian access from Illfracombe Avenue into the carpark will be closed. Please consider alternative locations when dropping off or picking up students. The altered driveway though the carpark can be seen in the below adjacent.
As per the current conditions and for the safety of all people, Student:
- Drop Off
- Pick up
- And parking
will NOT be permitted onsite during the school day, and will be strictly enforced.
For visitors, please consider the altered access and allow additional time to park.
Should you have any questions or concerns regarding these works, please contact us on 08 8375 8200 or email email@example.com.
Last updated: Friday 5 August 2022