Why consider applying for the Special Interest Volleyball Program?
Students benefit from:
- the opportunity to study Volleyball and other practical activities with students who have similar interests and abilities.
- the opportunity to learn skills, knowledge and attitudes that will benefit participation in any sport, but also have a positive impact on academic and vocational pursuits.
- the opportunity to work with specialised staff, including training with coaches from the SA Institute of Sport and Australian Institute of Sport.
- being encouraged to trial for competitions and to experience travelling to country areas, interstate and overseas.
- being a part of a program that is recognised nationally for its successes.
The Selection Process
All students wishing to apply for the Special Interest Volleyball Program must complete the online application form (link provided at the bottom of this page).
Once you have completed your application please contact the Volleyball Office on 8375 8200 to make an appointment for a trial.
In-school Zone trials for 2021 will be conducted on:
- Monday 6 April 2020 (AM by appointment only)
- Wednesday 8 April 2020 (AM by appointment only)
Out-of-school Zone trials for 2021 will be conducted on:
- Monday 6 April 2020 (PM by appointment only)
- Wednesday 8 April (PM by appointment only)
- 20m Shuttle “Beep test” – Aerobic endurance
- 5m Agility Test – Agility
- 20m Sprint – Explosive speed
- Vertical Jump – Explosive leg power
- Over Arm Throw – Upper body power
Out-of-School Zone students selected from the initial trial will be invited to attend the final selection trial at which movement, co-ordination and ball skills will be tested. Should your child be selected, second round Out-of-School Zone trials will take place on:
- Thursday 30 April (by offer of appointment only)
APPLICATIONS FOR THE 2021 SIV PROGRAM ARE NOW CLOSED