Year 11 Subject Selection Videos
Around subject selection time, teachers often get a lot of questions about certain courses. This is especially true for the different literacy and numeracy options, as well as subjects that students haven’t experienced before (such as Women’s Studies).
In addition to reading the 2018 Curriculum Guide, have a look at the videos below to help guide your choices. Each video is a short, 2-minute trailer that’s designed to give you a little more insight into what each subject is really like from the teachers who offer those subjects.
Teachers were all asked the following questions:
- What are some frequently asked questions you get from students about this subject?
- Is there an exam, and if so, does it count towards SACE?
- What’s your favourite topic in the course and why do you like it?
- What skills are needed for this subject and why are they important?
- What career opportunities are linked to this subject?
- What do current and past students think of the subject?