At the Pre-Audition students will be required to:
- Undertake a musical aptitude assessment
- Perform ONE piece on their principal instrument or voice (unaccompanied)
If short listed for an Audition, students will be required to:
- Perform two contrasting pieces on one instrument or voice, however, if two instruments (or voice and an instrument) are already studied, two pieces on both need to be prepared, however only one maybe listened to. This is at the panel’s discretion.
- Instrumental or vocal performance should demonstrate musical achievement and potential.
- Undertake an practical Aural/Musicianship assessment.
- Attend an panel interview (with a parent or guardian present).
Auditions for Year 7 students will normally be held in May of the year before entry to Year 8 at Brighton Secondary School.
Auditions for entry into Years 9 to 12 will be held in September of the year before entry to the next year level.
Deputy Principal / Head of Music
Phone 8375 8215